Sunday, February 4, 2018

100 Books to Read!

Principal ponderings...

In honor of the 100th day of school coming up this week, I am going to give you 100 book recommendations this week!  I decided to try to make this task a little easier on myself by breaking it down into 4 different categories.  I have 25 picture book recommendations, 25 chapter book recommendations, 25 professional development book recommendations, and then 25 books for pleasure reading!  Some of these books I own and have read.  Some of these books I own and have not read.  Some of these books I have heard about and want to read.  Some of these books I have never heard about until I started researching for this blog post.

Here are 25 picture book recommendations to check out!

Here are 25 chapter book recommendations to check out!

Here are 25 professional development books to check out!

Here are 25 books for pleasure reading to check out!

Currently reading:
So considering I just shared 100 books to read...I guess I could have left this section blank.  But you know that's not possible for me!  I did manage to make a trip to a book store last week and bought some new books.  Some of them I listed above, but here are two that I did not include.  I read this picture book to my daughter for bedtime the other night and plan on bringing it in for 100th day if anyone wants me to come read to their class...
You just can't go wrong when gelato is in the title and the story is all about a summer in Italy...

Events this week:
Monday - Happy National School Counselor Week!  Maureen and Kristen...thank you for all you do everyday for all of our students!
Wednesday - Global School Play Day! Grade 2 chorus practice @ 2:20, Staff Meeting @ 3:30
Thursday - 100th Day of School! Grade 2 chorus practice @ 2:20, PTA Meeting @ 7:30
Friday - Liz and Melissa at SLT meeting from 8:30-11:00

Great things I noticed last week:

  • Melissa and I had a lot of fun Saturday morning attending EdCampMALeads.  This was a chance to come together and talk education with teachers and leaders across the state...always energizing! 
  • Nurse Natalie managed to step out of the nurse's office and teach wellness classes to kindergarteners.  She took time to teach them about properly washing their hands...definitely important with all of the sickness going around right now. 
  • Had fun working with 3rd graders to record book buzz commercials using the green screen and iPads. 


  • And Laura Taylor was not the only one how happens to be in the Stenhouse catalog.  Look who I found...Diane D on the cover of the online catalog!
Check it out:
There are just a few 100 pages on the internet that talk about ideas for the 100th day of school.  Here's just one: https://www.simplycircle.com/creative-100th-day-of-school-projects/
Great post from Pernille Ripp about helping students self select books: https://pernillesripp.com/2018/02/04/some-small-ideas-to-help-students-self-select-books-better/
5 ways to make your math workshop awesome: https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/one-teachers-5-secrets-to-a-fantastic-math-workshop/

No comments:

Post a Comment