Monday, October 25, 2021

The Post I Didn't Write

 Principal ponderings...

I thought about writing a post this week and then I read Jennifer Gonzalez's latest post on her Cult of Pedagogy blog.  Instead of taking the time to read something I wrote, I hope you will take the time to read her post.  She also records her posts as podcasts so you can either read it or you can simply listen to it.

It is so true.  All.of.it.

https://www.cultofpedagogy.com/barely-hanging-on/

Currently reading:

I can't put down Finding Junie Kim.  I love hearing the grandfather tell the stories of growing up during The Korean War.  

I am excited to finish the book above so I can start on one of the books I purchased at the book fair.  Looking forward to starting I Love You, Michael Collins, a story that takes place in 1969.

Events this week:

Monday - Crazy Sock Day!

Tuesday - Disney Day!

Wednesday - Wear Your Words Day! CST Meeting @ 8:00, SEPAC Meeting @ 6:30 at Davis Hill

Thursday - Mayo Spirit Day!

Friday - Literacy Parade @ 2:00!

Great things I noticed last week:

  • Caught 2nd graders in Mrs. Tibbetts working on money and counting coins. 

  • Our first Student Council meeting with 5th graders was a huge success.  Can't wait to see what this group does for the school this year! 

  • Mrs. Kalinowski's 1st graders were writing their own sequels to the Elmer and the Dragon series. 

  • Mrs. Baird's 5th graders found the perfect spot for their book club discussion.

Check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment