Wednesday, April 29, 2020

What Will You Remember?

Principal Ponderings...
When this is all over what will you remember?  I know we will remember the weird experience of going to the grocery store wearing a mask, following the direction arrows, and standing 6 feet apart in line.  I know you will remember craving time with friends and family that did not involve logging in on the computer.  I am guessing you will remember sitting through Google Meets and Zoom meetings in your pajama pants. 

But what else will you remember?  Will you remember the small moments that happen?  The ones that in our pre-quarantine life we would have been to busy to notice?

I will remember sitting together as a family for dinner, no electronics, talking and laughing.  And my husband always thanking me for making dinner.  I will also remember when my kids starting thanking me before he had a chance to say it.  (They are learning!)

I will remember snuggling with my daughter at bedtime.  Feeling her bury her head in my neck.  I will especially remember the sensation of her little fingers intertwining with mine, falling asleep while holding on.

I will remember listening to tunes while solving a 1,000 piece puzzle with my husband late into the night.

There are a lot of other moments that I don't want to remember, the ones that made me cry, the ones where I was frustrated with my kids and my husband and myself.  But I am going to really try to hold onto the small moment memories that are getting me through this crazy time.  The time when the whole world hit the pause moment.  Slightly ironic that "pause" was my one word for 2020.

What will you choose to remember?

Currently reading:
I am still working my way through Song for a Whale.  I have about 5 more chapters to go.  Still struggling to find time to sit and read, but I know I need to keep trying to do that.  I miss my reading life before COVID-19. 
I find myself reading a lot more articles and blog posts as opposed to actual books.  And I am surrounded in my house by actual books.  I need to try to schedule a regular reading time into my day because I have bookshelves full of books that I need to read and want to read!

Staff Shout Outs!
Just a reminder that you can use this form to submit staff shout outs.

  • Liz Bercume wanted to give a shout out to Darryl V: Darryl has been a lifeline through this whole process. She has taken initiative and spent hours creating assignments and helping her team. Plus, she is really, really funny.
  • Liz Bercume also wanted to give a shout out to Liz H: Liz H is an actual angel. She is the most kind and positive person. She gives so much of herself and truly has a passion for teaching. Our staff and students are so lucky to have her!
  • Big shout out to Meredith Greco.  Julie R shared that Meredith has been so helpful with researching tech tips/videos and sharing resources with how best to support our students on IEPs.
  • Big shout out to Gayle M, Jess A, Deb H, and Sarah S for being brave and recording themselves reading stories so we could share more read alouds with our families.
  • Big shout out to Lynn Wood for connecting with students and families who are struggling and offering support and assistance.  Families are very appreciative! 

Check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment