Monday, May 13, 2019

Movie Motivation

Principal ponderings...
Since I have gone to the movie theater the past few weekends and you will be focused on soaking in lots of professional learning today, I thought I would keep this post simple and give you some inspiration and motivation from movies.










What is your favorite inspirational movie line?

Currently reading:
I am enjoying reading a new book I got called The Bridge Home.  It's the story of two Indian sisters, one who has a disability.  The sisters want to escape the domestic violence happening at home so they run away and try to survive as two young, homeless kids.  They find shelter and friends on an abandoned bridge.
I also started reading a professional development book that the leadership team was given called Learning By Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities At Work.  I will be using on the professional development day.  Hopefully I will gather some good information from it to share with all of you.

Events this week:
Monday - No School, PD Day 8:00-2:30
Tuesday - 4th and 5th grade internet safety program, Liz G meeting with Superintendent @ 2:30, Kindergarten and Grade 1 team meetings @ 3:45, Girls on the Run @ 3:45
Wednesday - Grade 3 team meeting @ 8:00, 3rd grade internet safety program, Liz G to visit Mountview @ 1:30, Girls on the Run @ 3:45
Thursday - Bubble program for kindergarten, 3rd grade math MCAS, Girls on the Run @ 3:45, Wind Beneath Their Wings Ceremony @ 7:00 at Davis Hill
Friday - 3rd grade math MCAS
Sunday - Girls on the Run 5K, Lake Park in Worcester, race begins at 10:00!

Great things I noticed last week:

  • We had several lucky duck winners including one who even had came to the office with a quacking duck beak! 
  • I popped into afternoon kindergarten just in time to be served some amazing pizza...which was worth the $50 it cost me! 
  • I enjoyed joining some 5th graders in Mrs. Hilton's room as they played Jeopardy for science MCAS review. 
  • Saw lots of great hats on PAWS Pantry day, including these 2nd graders... 
  • Even though I was out of the building at a meeting, I got to enjoy some video clips of 1st graders in Mrs. Leroy's class doing some booktalking! 

Check it out:
Love this reminder from Danny Steele...

And a one minute inspirational video clip from the "Pursuit of Happyness"...



No comments:

Post a Comment