Monday, March 25, 2019

A Little Monday Morning Motivation

Principal ponderings...
Ever have a case of the Mondays?  That would be me today.  You know when you don't get everything accomplished during the weekend?  Or your alarm goes off and you hit snooze 8 or 20 times?  Or you ran out of coffee?  Or you just woke up and realized it's Monday and it really feels like a Monday?  Maybe it's because it's the last week of the long month of March.  Or maybe it's just me.  But I thought everyone could use a little extra motivation today.  I love inspirational quotes so here are few for you...







Do you have an inspirational quote that gets you through the case of the Mondays?  

Time to go and take on Monday!

Currently reading:
I read a beautiful new picture book that I got from the book fair called Dreamers.  It's a beautifully illustrated story of a family coming to live in America.  It's hard to come to a place with a new language, new experiences, but then they discover the library and a whole new world is opened up to them! 
I also started reading a popular book from the book fair called Unicorn of Many Hats.  It's a graphic novel about Phoebe and her unicorn, and it's part of a new series.  I love that in the beginning of this book the character tells kids to check out the glossary if they come across words that they don't know. 

Events this week:
Monday - Girls on the Run @ 3:45
Tuesday - Grade 4 team meeting @ 8:00, Liz at ECC Meeting @ 10:30, 5th grade MCAS Infrastructure Test @ 1:45, Grade 5 Parent Orientation at Mountview @ 6:30
Wednesday - 3rd grade MCAS Infrastructure Test @ 1:15, 4th grade MCAS Infrastructure Test @ 2:00, Girls on the Run @ 3:45
Thursday - Gordon Korman visits Mayo School! 
Friday - Pizza Party with 5B - Box Top Winners, 5th grade Spaghetti Supper
**Term 3 ends on Monday

Great things I noticed last week:

  • When it's Wellness Wednesday and your class needs a movement break, you move math class into the lobby! Learning doesn't just have to happen in the classroom. 
  • Loved catching a reading group enjoying Cynthia Lord's new book Because of the Rabbit.  I am friends with this author and am working to try to get her to visit Mayo next year! 
  • I popped into kindergarten and caught some engineers doing some ramp building. 
  • So glad I was able to visit 3D and see some genius hour passion projects.  Students were able to get up and share about their topics in front of their peers.  Lots of interesting topics, even the history of pencils!

Check it out:
Keeping with the motivation theme, this song always inspires me and gets me pumped up to tackle anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment