Monday, June 18, 2018

This is Not a Goodbye Letter

Principal ponderings...
Dear Staff,

This is not a goodbye letter, definitely not.  It's not goodbye, it's simply a "see you real soon" letter.  Maybe I am in a little denial?  Maybe I can't believe that there are only three days left with students and staff.  My last three official days as the principal of FloRo.  Back when I announced that I would be leaving, this week seemed so far away, and now, it's here.  And it's hard for me to believe that I will soon be packing up my office and leaving our school for the last time. 

Thank you for letting me be your assistant principal and principal for the last seven years.  Together, we have learned a lot.  And you have taught me so much.  Thank you for pushing me and challenging me.  Thank you for taking risks with me and for growing with me,  Thank you for giving so much of yourselves and for putting all of our students first.  Thank you for helping me keep a smile on my face and reminding me why I love my job.

I thought I would end this year with a reminder of the Kids Deserve It quotes that you all fought for back in August.  Please always remember...

"Our most important job is to love kids and convince them they are absolutely incredible and unique -- to remind them they matter.  Academics are a bonus!"

"Kids want to know they matter to you.  They want to know you see them, hear them, and believe in them -- unconditionally."

"You never know the power of a simple word or action.  The smallest stone dropped into the largest lake will leave ripple felt miles away.  We can't undervalue our impact, our reach, and our potential."

Keep being amazing for our kids.  Florence Roche is an amazing place to learn and grow!  I have so many wonderful memories that I will take with me.  I love you and will miss you.

Sincerely,
Liz Garden

P.S. Laura Taylor...go ahead and check my word count...definitely fits in the recommended 300 to 600 word limit!

Currently reading:
Emerson and I headed to the library last week to load up on picture books to get started with summer reading!  One of the books we got was: Dog Loves Drawing.  Certainly a fun read where the characters draw the story as it's happening.
Another quick read is the book I Will Not Read This Book.  This book is a good choice for those readers who don't want to read!  
The favorite one right now is definitely Miss Lina's Ballerina's.  I'm pretty sure we will be reading this one every night this week. 
Events this week:
Monday - Field Day!!! Report cards should be completed
Tuesday - Half day, 12:15 dismissal, no lunch served, 4th grade Moving Up Ceremony in the PAC from 9:30-10:30, Staff surprise at 12:30
Wednesday - Last day of school! End of the year assembly in the PAC @ 9:20, Step Up Day @ 10:30, 12:15 dismissal, no lunch served, Teachers need to complete the end of year checklist, report cards available to parents
Thursday - Enjoy your summer vacation!!!
Friday - Rest, relax, read, rejuvenate!

Great things I noticed last week:

  • Kindergarteners had fun singing at their class concerts and they also enjoyed camping in class! 
  • Our "Principals for the Day" did a great job catching students making good choices, reading to classes, and helping design a new school. 
  • Mrs. Lanctot's 1st graders enjoyed a beach day in their classroom; they enjoyed reading under an umbrella while the sounds of the waves played in the background. 
  • The 4th graders had tons of fun on Friday at their mixer with Swallow Union.  Thanks to the PTA and SU's APT for organizing this fun event! 

Check it out:
If you are still reading....here's some videos to make you laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment