Sunday, November 13, 2016

'Borrowed' Letter to a Tired Teacher

Principal ponderings...
I read a post a few weeks ago that I knew I wanted to share with all of you.  I wish I had written this letter, but even though I did not write it, I have certainly thought this in my head many, many times.  On the eve of what I know will be a rather long and tiring week with not one, but two half days and parent conferences, I felt like it was a good time to share this "Letter to a Tired Teacher."

Please take a few minutes to click the link above and read what another principal wrote.  And know that I am truly thankful for you.  I'm thankful for all that you do for our students.  I am thankful that you put so much time and energy into your jobs.

Thank you for pushing on...even when you are tired.


Currently reading:
I am excited to start the book Flying Fingers.  This is the book that was written by the child prodigy, Adora Svitak, that we watched on one of our days before school started.  Click here if you want to watch her talk again.  Right about now seems a good time for a reminder that the world needs "childish thinking" as she said in her talk.  I certainly love the thinking on the back jacket of the book: Adora Svitak believes that a more literate world is a more peaceful world.

Events this week:
Tuesday - Half day, dismissal at 12:!5, Parent Conferences
Wednesday - Workout Wednesday!  PBIS Team Meeting @ 8:30, Liz @ DESE Meeting in Malden, 2nd grade chorus practice @ 2:20
Thursday - Half day, dismissal at 12:15, Parent Conferences in the evening, dinner provided by the PTA
Friday - Liz and Dianna at SLT meeting @ Prescott, 8:15-11:30

Great things I noticed last week:

  • I was lucky to get invited into Mrs. Taylor's classroom to see the students doing yoga moves that went along with the story There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves.  The K students impressed me with their poses!

  • I enjoyed having lunch with some 3rd graders.  We might have taken some photos and created a few videos. 
  • I also popped into a few classrooms to create some #edufreeze videos.  Check out that hashtag on Twitter to see how schools across the country are getting in on the action...or should I say frozen action? 


Check it out:
A quick post with helpful hints about conferences:
http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/teacher_in_a_strange_land/2012/10/seven_ideas_for_meaningful_parent-teacher_conferences.html

And a classic that will hopefully put a smile on your face...

No comments:

Post a Comment