Sunday, November 20, 2016

An Attitude of Gratitude

Principal ponderings...
We all know that saying... an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  Actually, it turns out that it should be an act of appreciation a day keeps the doctor away.  Did you know that having an attitude of gratitude really is good for your health?!

I am grateful for...
  • Students who love learning and are always willing to share smiles, laughter, hugs, fist bumps and high fives!
  • A little mini-me who loves learning and is always willing to share smiles, laughter, hugs, fidt bumps and high fives. (Of course, she also shares dirty diapers, temper tantrums and sticky fingers...sometimes those things I could do without!)
  • Staff who give their all to our school and whose daily dedication to kids is inspiring.
  • A school community that is my home away from home.
  • Books, books and more books!
  • My family, especially my husband, who supports me and understands my struggle to find a healthy work/life balance.
  • An awesome PLN...professional learning network...through Twitter and Voxer...love my edurockstar peeps!
  • The chance to have a positive impact on kids and adults.
  • The true joy that comes from being the lead learner at FloRo #bringthejoy!

What are you grateful for?  And how will you show your gratitude?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!


Currently reading:
I got a new non-fiction picture book in the mail that is all about a little girl who helped to end school segregation in California.
I am still trying to finish several books at once...maybe over Thanksgiving break I will have some time to do some reading.  I just picked up one off of my stack that I would like to complete...


Events this week:
Monday - Grace Lin presents throughout the day in the PAC (9:20 1st grade, 10:30 K, 11:45 4th grade, 1:45 2nd and 3rd grade), Principals meet with PBIS consultant 12-3:00 @ Prescott
Tuesday - PBIS team members meet with consultant from 8:45-9:45 @ FR,
Wednesday - Half day, dismissal at 12:15, no lunch served
Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday - Enjoy the break, no school

Great things I noticed last week:

  • Have you ever seen turkey feathers and turkeys with number bonds on them?  I have!  I found some being made in Mrs. Wilkins 1st grade class. 
  • Thanks to the PTA we got a really big box of books in the mail last week!  When we return from the break, I will be giving everyone a copy of our 'one book, one school' choice for this year...What to Do with a Problem.

Check it out:
Maybe this video clip will put a smile on your face over the next 2 1/2 days.  What do you think...do I need any of these social stories?!




No comments:

Post a Comment