Monday, September 21, 2020

You Don't Need Inspiration

 Principal Ponderings...

I was trying to find something inspirational to kick off my blog posts for the year.  What a year it's going to be.  But after I watched this video clip from another principal in a totally different state, I thought...she is so right.  You all have no idea how inspiring you are.  You might not feel it today or tomorrow or at all.  But I am telling you...You don't need inspiration.  You ARE the inspiration.  

I am blown away with your dedication, your perseverance, and your love for our students.  Is remote teaching fun?  No.  Is it easy?  No.  Is it challenging?  Yes.  Are you exhausted at the end of the day?  Yes.  But are you all giving it your all and rocking it?  Yes!

I will certainly keep trying to inspire you and remind you to take care of yourselves and be a support for all of you.  But for now, stop reading this, sit for a minute, breathe, and really believe that you are inspiring.  Need more convincing?  Watch this video clip...



Currently reading:

I just finished listening to Dear Martin by Nic Stone.  I love this book!  It is certainly not for our young readers, but for those of us who want to keep educating ourselves about racism and racial inequities, this is a good fiction book that mirrors reality.  Looking forward to reading the sequel, Dear Justyce.

I have started the book Roll With It, about a girl in a wheelchair who tells it like it is.  I am enjoying this book, but this week...go figure...I just did not have much energy to keep reading.  Will try to get into it more this week. 


I am also reading Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain.  Kris Dorogi and I are going to be running a book club with this book for the Wachusett Area Social Justice Alliance.  I will be sending out a sign up for educators in the district if you are interested. 

Events this week:

Monday - First full week of remote learning - You Got This!  Take it one day at a time.

Wednesday - Half day, quick 15 minute staff meeting check in at 1:00, Working with Teachers Pay Teachers and it should be available starting today.  I have an optional training set up for the following Wednesday for any teachers that want to learn more. 

Friday - Birthday Book Distribution Day - Liz will be giving out birthday books to the September birthdays!

Staff Check In:

Feel free to fill out this optional Monday morning staff check-in form.

Check it out:

You may have already discovered this teacher's site; she goes by FirstGradeCreative.  What I loved was she has about 15 already created Bitmoji classrooms focused on brain breaks.  Check her site out!

Quick 2 minute listen, mindful message: Busy People...

And this seems about right...



No comments:

Post a Comment