Monday, October 16, 2017

Time to "be-lax"

Principal ponderings...
Ever have one of those days where you think...how will I ever get through this to do list?  Or there's so much to do where do I start?  Or I know I need to do this difficult task, but I would much rather relax and do something that doesn't strain my brain?  That was me this weekend.  So for today's post I have decided to take my daughter's advice and just "be-lax."  Instead of something for you to read, I am just going to post some visual and auditory inspiration.

Take some deep breaths.  Maybe even close your eyes.  Give yourself a few minutes to get ready for the week.  And remember to "be-lax."

Here is a podcast to listen to, called "Unstoppable Learning."  Click the link and listen while driving or while cleaning the house (yep, I opt for driving over cleaning) http://www.podcasts.com/npr_ted_radio_hour_podcast/episode/unstoppable-learning

Here's a 3 minute inspirational video clip where a teacher shares what he believes...


And here's a 1 minute video clip that reminds us of how important we are for each child that we connect with...

And some visual inspiration for you...






Currently reading:
I got another great picture book from the book fair.  Written by Chelsea Clinton, it's called She Persisted: 13 American Woman Who Changed the World.  Definitely a great book that I will be reading to my daughter. 
I am also excited to start reading A Boy Called Bat.  This is a story of a boy on the autism spectrum who loves animals and is trying to prove to his mom that a skunk would make a good pet. 

Events this week:
Monday - School Council Meeting from 3:30-4:30
Wednesday - Bus Evacuation practices in the am, SST meeting 8:55-9:55, Staff Meeting 3:30-4:30
Thursday - First student council meeting 8:15, Andrew Green poetry presentation in 4th grade, Eyes on Owls presentation in 2nd grade

Great things I noticed last week:

  • I was glad that I was able to attend a Women in Leadership event Wednesday evening.  The woman who spoke was the former principal of the Worcester Voc School, first female to be in that role.  She shared lots of amazing inspiration, but I loved this slide that she shared: 
  • I popped into Mrs. Cragg's class and got to watch some 1st grade scientists measuring pumpkins, making predictions and testing whether they would float or sink. 
  • Thank you to everyone who has already donated school supplies or money.  We are still collecting for the school in Houston.  Love that I found this in the 3rd grade hallway! 
  • Mrs. Wallace and I had fun playing during extra recess on Friday.  Congrats to the students who earned SPARK tickets and were the lucky names that we drew! 
  • Thank you Luke Smith for a great afternoon of science activities and discussion!  Teachers were certainly engaged in lots of different challenges and explorations. 

Check it out:
I loved this blog post written by a high school principal, but many parts can be applied to elementary interactions.  http://www.davidgeurin.com/2017/10/21-phrases-to-use-in-dealing-with.html

No comments:

Post a Comment