Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tweetspiration!

Principal ponderings...
Have you created a Twitter account yet?  Have you spent time scrolling through tweets or following other educators?  Every single week I learn something new, have my thinking challenged, am inspired by what I stumble across on Twitter.  For this week's post, I simply went back through my Twitter account and embedded just a few of the many tweets that caught my eye recently.  If you have not explored Twitter yet, you should!  You can't go wrong with free PD 24/7!  If you aren't sure where to start...check out my account.







Currently reading:
I got a new book for pleasure reading that was recommended to me by a principal friend.  Looking forward to diving into The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.
I am part of a Voxer book study group and this week we are beginning to read and discuss the book Mathematical Mindsets.  Have heard so many great things about this book and how it can change your whole perspective on math...can't wait! 
Events this week:
Monday - Happy Halloween! Brunch snacks provided by 3rd grade in the staff room
Wednesday - 4th grade Lowell Mills field trip, Kindergarten chorus in the music room @ 2:20, Staff meeting @ 3:30
Thursday - Thankful Thursday! Liz presenting at MESPA, Dianna out of district, Dr. Novak will be our sub principal!  4th grade Lowell Mills field trip
Friday - Liz and Dianna at the high school for UDL Leadership course from 8:30-12:30

Great things I noticed last week:
  • Our first spirit day of the year was a success!  Loved seeing all of the different book characters. 
  • I was able to visit Mrs. Simeone in the library and hear her read The Greedy Triangle
  • Kindergarteners were working on 'one less' and counting backwards when I visited them during math this week. 
Check it out:
Interesting read about a simple way to help struggling students, definitely food for thought: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/opinion/nudges-that-help-struggling-students-succeed.html?_r=0
And some more simple steps to help your students "show up well" to class: http://www.davidgeurin.com/2016/10/9-ways-to-help-your-students-show-up.html

No comments:

Post a Comment