Sunday, February 23, 2014

What?! Vacation is over?!

Principal ponderings...
Hopefully everyone had a great week off.  While mine was busy with moving, at least it was a change from the regular routine and I am excited to be organizing my new home.  To start us off this week, I am not going to write a blog post.  Instead I will include some video clips to make you smile. (The truth is...my brain is still switching back to work mode!)

This is hilarious.  Watch kids reenact some scenes from 2014 Oscar nominated films:
Here is a clip about how Kid President came to be:
And here is a non fiction rap I came across, created by students, for students!



Currently reading:
I would have loved to spend the vacation week reading lots of books, but I had to spend the week unpacking and moving into my new home.  Unpacking lots of boxes of books reminded me of my long list of books that I still need to read!  I don't think the movers were too happy with my multiple heavy boxes of books.  I did manage to start reading The Mighty Miss Malone.  Thank you Mrs. Roundtree for loaning it to me.  I finished reading Rules...can't wait for Cynthia Lord to visit our school next week!


Events this week:
Monday - Welcome back!  Hope you all had a restful, relaxing vacation.
Tuesday - Director of Pupil Personnel Services candidate visits the district, 4th grade author visit
Wednesday - Grade 1 chorus @2:25, School Council Meeting @3:30 in the library, School Committee Meeting at the high school @ 7:00
Friday - Grade 2 Abe Lincoln program @ 9:30, Jack and the Beanstalk in the PAC @ 7:00
Saturday - Jack and the Beanstalk in the PAC @ 7:00
Sunday - Jack and the Beanstalk in the PAC @ 2:00

Check it out:
Of course I love my 'to do' lists, but here is an interesting read about 'to don't' lists:
http://www.marcandangel.com/2014/02/19/20-things-that-belong-on-everyones-to-dont-list/
And since my week (as well as the next several weeks!) has been focused on organizing my stuff...
http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/20-tips-more-organized-classroom/
Quite an editorial piece titled 'You think you know what teachers do? Right? Wrong.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/02/22/you-think-you-know-what-teachers-do-right-wrong/

No comments:

Post a Comment